The Louisiana Land Bank is committed to meeting the needs of Young, Beginning and Small farmers/ranchers. Our years of experience in rural lending provide the expertise needed to finance many people who fit into the YBS group. By utilizing our flexible loan terms and working closely with other organizations and governmental agencies, we can tailor loans to fit the unique situations of YBS customers. In addition, we actively support other programs, events, scholarships and educational activities that benefit YBS farmers/ranchers.
What is a Young, Beginning or Small Farmer?
- Young Farmer – a farmer, rancher, or producer or harvester of aquatic products who is age 35 or younger as of the loan transaction date.
- Beginning Farmer – a farmer, rancher, or producer or harvester of aquatic products who has 10 years or less of farming, ranching or aquatic experience as of the loan transaction date.
- Small Farmer – a farmer, rancher, or producer or harvester of aquatic products who normally generates less than $250,000 in annual gross sales of agricultural or aquatic products.
What is the New Generation Loan Program?
Through our New Generation Loan Program, we provide competitive financing for young and beginning farmers to the full extent of their creditworthiness. This loan program offers reduced interest rates and underwriting standards for the purchase or refinancing of land.
Sponsorships and Donations
The Louisiana Land Bank is committed to supporting the state’s new generation of producers. Whether it’s a 4-H customer buying a show heifer for a foundation herd, a young person taking over the family farm, or an older couple investing in a new ag venture, we applaud their efforts. We sponsor or donate to numerous organizations that help educate young, beginning and small farm operators. These organizations include:
- Louisiana and Parish Cattlemen’s Association
- Louisiana Council of Cooperatives’ Young Couples Conference
- Louisiana Council of Cooperatives’ Youth Conference
- Junior Livestock Shows
- Agriculture trade shows and commodity tours
- Louisiana Agribusiness Council
- AgExpo Fundraisers
- Central Louisiana District Dairy Shows
- LSU Agricultural Center Research Stations
- Farm Bureau functions
- Louisiana Annual Junior Livestock Auction
- ULL Cajun Classic Beef Show
- Bayouland Young Farmer’s Annual Meeting
The Association’s support of Louisiana’s YBS farmers/ranchers is a priority: we understand that the future of American agriculture depends on a new generation of farmers and ranchers.